Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Am Andy Goldsworthy

I couldn't avoid them, they have invaded my yard, it seems like there are several million of them. Those little pine cones that were just worthless when I was a kid. They were small and too light to throw at someone and really were no fun and had no use other than what God intended them to do. So when assigned to make some nature art I thought maybe these pine cones could finally serve a different purpose after all.


my first idea was to stack them in triangles on top of the rock and see how high of a tower I could construct...


... that was the best looking picture from that idea.

so I moved to the ground...


after awhile I began to realize that these pine cones do not make for the building of sturdy structures. As I tried to go bigger it looked more and more like what it was, just a mound of pinecones...


I was determined, I knew that inside these pine cones lives a want to be part of something different. So why not bring just a little order to their chaos. I decided to go 2D with my final image to utilize the beautiful curves of these seed nurturing vessels...



just like the real Andy Goldsworthy nature took it's course on my creation and it is no longer there. This force of nature has a name, he is Rebel, & this is his guilty face...

No comments:

Post a Comment